Thursday, May 7, 2009

Making the Band 4: Revisited

Daily Annoyance: The drama is over
Mantra of the day: I am channeling my inner diva.

A month or so ago, I told you of my obsession with P. Diddy's Making the Band 4. At first, it was just a passing fancy while I was home sick from work for a couple of days. It turned into a habit that I am somewhat ashamed to admit to now. Alas, I feel that the only way to come to terms with it is to speak openly and honestly about it to you.

The show went from having some serious cat fights to pure drama that was so juicy, it was hard to keep track of. The only good that I can say that I have learned from all of this is that I too should start channeling my inner diva.

At the end of the day, the chicks got ahead because they were not embarrassed to look out for number one or force others to recognize their worth, professionally and personally. They dudes went through their growing pains too, but in the final episode, it was the women that I was really looking out for.

I only say this because as much as I love being a woman I think that collectively, we sometimes forget our true worth. Whether it be in our relationships, getting the salary we deserve or speaking up for ourselves when it comes to things that we want. So, I leave you today saying to channel your inner diva and know that you are worth it!

[IMAGE: Courtesy of Getty Images]

Share/Save/Bookmark
 
Web Stats