Monday, May 18, 2009

Britain's Got Talent

Today's Annoyance: How many people are supposed to win this show?
Mantra of the Day: Maybe I've got talent, too.

OK, I know this is blasphemous but I am sick of the whole Susan Boyle media circus already. At first, I thought that she had already won Britain's Got Talent when her face was plastered all over international, well, American television but it turns out that she is just a contestant who might not even win in the end.

It seems like every day there is a new contestant who is supposedly blowing Susan Boyle out of the water and giving her a run for her money. Really?

Now, I have to give credit to the guy who won last year. Paul Potts is legitimately talented and I play his CDs during my dinner parties. But is it really a special talent when every day there is another person who is more spectacular than the one before? I don't know, maybe the UK is just trying to make a point that they are cooler than us. I'm not so sure about all of this just yet - we'll have to see what happens tomorrow. That's my rant for today.

[IMAGE: Courtesy of Getty Images]
Share/Save/Bookmark
 
Web Stats