Monday, May 11, 2009

From jet setter to gypsetter

Today's Annoyance: Not getting credit where credit is due
Mantra of the Day: I am the queen of the gypsetters!

As if it's not posh enough to aspire to a jet set life, author Julia Chaplain has described a new class of traveler - the so-called "gypsetter". In her book Gypset Style, Chaplain describes gypsetters as a relatively unknown, exceptionally good-looking group of people who live and work around the globe. They lack the typically stuff attitude that is so often associated with jet setters. Their lives pay homage to the carefree, nomadic style of musicians, designers and artists while enjoying the sophistication of the jet set.

As I learned more about Chaplain's book and this new class of international society, I realized: Oh my god, this book is about ME! Odd that no one called me for a photo shoot. Very odd.



P.S. - To my followers and subscribers, my apologies for the barrage of e-mails over the weekend. I was working on the navigation menu, which you should now see at the top of each page.

[IMAGE: Courtesy of luxist.com]
Share/Save/Bookmark
 
Web Stats