Friday, May 1, 2009

The future of personal assistants?

Today's Annoyance: Mail forwarding
Mantra of the Day: If I'm willing to pay for a service, and it's legal, why not?

I've been seriously thinking about getting a P.A. I know the economy sucks and we should be tightening our belts but this would be a good thing because I'd be giving somebody a job and they would have to deal with the crap that I don't have time for. And let's face it, I really don't want to deal with some of my tedious everyday tasks; plus, this stuff adds stress to my life. I'm stressed out enough in my business.

One of the things that I would consider having my P.A. handle is mail and deliveries. What with my travel schedule, I often tend to have my mail held at the post office or forwarded to a different address. I just read an article about an interesting new service offered by Earth Class Mail that will open your mail, scan it and store it online for your review. Services start at $11.95 per month which includes 50 scans. At your request, the company will shred, recycle or forward your mail to you.

Like I said, it sounds interesting, but it can't help me organize my correspondence, travel planning, dry cleaning pickup and delivery, and my ever-increasing schedule of events. Lambent Services, anyone? Maybe they can supply my own personal version of Farnsworth Bentley.

[IMAGE: Courtesy of TV.com]


Share/Save/Bookmark
 
Web Stats