Thursday, May 14, 2009

Dresses, Skirts & Cuteness

Today's Annoyance: Not having a stylist or access to free clothes
Mantra of the Day: Where there is a will, there is a glamorous way.

As I have mentioned before, the weather is starting to break, people are coming out of hibernation and the social season has begun. Before things kick into full swing, I am trying to get together my wardrobe and the them of my "look" while I still have some free time on my calendar. I know that it doesn't sound like much but really, it is harder getting these things together than it seems.

As always, the fashion world produces some gems as well as a pile of crap. It's difficult to sort through and pick up the things that are going to look good on me, and stay in my budget all while making b*tches jealous! I have been picking my favorite fashion and gossip magazines to sort out my style...not to mention collecting a few things off of NET-A-PORTER when I see a good bargain.

You might be raising your eyebrow at why I would look to gossip mags for fashion advice, but hear me out. There is nothing like a good paparazzi shot of someone walking down the street, at lunch or at a party to have an idea how to translate high fashion into street style. Usually, the mag gives you tips on where to buy affordable versions of the what the stars are wearing. Getting the dirt on the glitterati is not so bad either!

[IMAGE: Courtesy of Getty Images]
Share/Save/Bookmark
 
Web Stats