Thursday, April 30, 2009

Travel Wish List

Today's Annoyance: That I don't have enough time to visit every place on my wish list in the next six months.
Mantra of the Day: One step at a time.

Recently, I posted a list of my favorite places that I have visited, so I figured that I would follow it up with my travel wish list of places that I'm dying to go to. So, here it is!

1. Rio de Janeiro & Salvador da Bahai, Brazil
2. Hanoi & Saigon, Vietnam
3. Hong Kong, China
4. Bogata & Cartagena, Colombia
5. Agadir, Morocco
6. Seychelles
7. Moscow & St. Petersburg, Russia
8. Qatar
9. Stockholm, Sweden
10. Osa Peninsula, Costa Rica

I won't bore you with every detail of why I want to go to each of these places, but I thought it worthwhile to gloss over the top five. The point behind my wish list is that I want to hit up some places that are off the beaten path BUT they still offer certain creature comforts from home. It is always nice to get away, but what is the point of going somewhere that is less interesting or nice than where you came from?

It is pretty obvious why I would want to go to Rio, but I've heard that Bahia gives travelers an authentic feel of Brazil that makes you fall in love with the country. Vietnam was never on my list until recently when I saw a special on the Travel Channel about it. It was blazingly beautiful and had more than enough interesting sights to visit, not to mention good shopping, nightlife and spas to keep me busy.

Then, there is Colombia, a place that I have always wanted to take in with my own eyes. I love flowers to add a bit of luxury to my everyday life and Colombia is one of the world's leading producers of flowers. (Did you know that?!) It has captured my attention since I found that out. Plus, it is on the ocean and is culturally rich.

Agadir is a little surfer town in Morocco that is a vacation favorite for locals. Nothing like an exotic beach vacation to feel like you have gotten away from it all.

Let me know what you think of my choices and what you would add to it!

[IMAGE: Courtesy of Artbox Images]
Share/Save/Bookmark
 
Web Stats