Monday, April 13, 2009

Jet setter ≠ Socialite

Today's Annoyance: Mistaken identities
Mantra of the Day: I earned the right to have attitude.

Before I became a globetrotter, I equated the word "jet setter" with socialites and major celebrities. I've come to realize that jet setters don't always make the pages of Town & Country and they're not always super-wealthy. And, I'm totally fine with that.

A few short years ago, I would have never believed that I'd become a jet setter. I have always loved traveling, but aside from studying abroad in college and enjoying a few random trips to Newport Beach, the Hamptons and St. Barth's, I hadn't really flexed my travel muscle much. Now that I have been living overseas off and on for the past few years, nothing will ever clip my wings! I am a woman of the world and I don't need to be in Page Six of the New York Post to feel validated.

Come join the ranks.

[IMAGE: Courtesy of Getty Images]

Share/Save/Bookmark
 
Web Stats