Thursday, April 2, 2009

Ava's Faves: Emirates Airlines

Today's Annoyance: Service that encourages air rage
Mantra of the Day: I want to travel like a CEO.

Commercial air travel sucks, for the most part. Yet, politicians and the media have been lambasting CEOs for their private air travel expenses. I agree that anyone who abuses their position, especially in such challenging economic times, is thoughtless and arrogant. However, can’t we all just admit that if we had the chance to fly privately, we would jump at it? I know I would. And until that time, I plan to fly Emirates Airlines as often as I can.


Until a recent trip to Dubai, Virgin Atlantic held the rank as my favorite airline. Don’t get me wrong, I still LOVE all things Sir Richard Branson, including his trรจs fab airline. But, Emirates kicked it up a big notch. The whole experience was awesome, from the online reservation system to their in-flight entertainment systems (including electrical outlets on each seat to plug in your laptop). The food was not just edible, it was actually…dare I say it…tasty. I recently found out that they offer private suites and shower spas in First Class on some flights! (Are you kidding me?! I love it!) OK, that’s it, let’s go!!


[IMAGE: Courtesy of biztravelguru.com]



Share/Save/Bookmark
 
Web Stats