Thursday, April 9, 2009

Ava's Faves: Threading

Today's Annoyance: Old-school hair removal
Mantra of the Day:
I don't remember life before threading.


This ancient form of hair removal is all the rage. I started having my eyebrows threaded several years ago and I simply cannot (and will not) live without it. Previously, I had tried tweezing and waxing; they just don’t compare. From what I’ve been told, threading is way better if you have sensitive skin. Plus, it’s fast and usually not expensive. Be sure to find someone who’s experienced though. Luckily, I’ve noticed more and more threading services offered in beauty salons and spas around major cities. I haven’t found a salon or spa with threading services in the south of France yet; if anyone knows of one, please, please let me know.


I did manage to find a self threading machine - the SunMaita Inc. Threader - but I'm a little hesitant to do it myself. If anyone has tried this, let me know.


[IMAGE: Courtesy of CLTV]



Share/Save/Bookmark
 
Web Stats