Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Summer...It's almost here!

Today's Annoyance: Losing winter weight
Mantra of the Day: I'm a hot and sexy mama who can make the magic happen.

I can see glimmers of summer a little more each day and we all know what that means: trips to the beach, bikinis and vacation photos. These are just some of the wonderful things that the season brings but vacation photos are my biggest fear of all. There are more than a few women who have had nervous breakdowns after seeing images of themselves when they thought they were looking hot and sexy, and really...well...weren't.

I refuse to succumb to this, no matter how much winter weight I have managed to pack on and subsequently hide while I was hibernating in layered clothing during the winter months. Even if bikinis are forgiving, pictures in bikinis are relentlessly brutal. So, as of today, I am going on my spring workout plan. A girl has to be fit and gorgeous if she wants to be jetting around and posing with fabulous people. I launch into this mode every year so here are a couple of helpful tips that you may not have tried. For starters, you can find a variety of exercise programs on YouTube if you don't feel like sweating it out in the gym or committing to buy a video. Also, BBC, Epicurious and FoodNetwork have some great healthy recipes for tasty meals that can keep you motivated.

Here's to a kick-ass bikini season!

[IMAGE: Courtesy of Artbox Images]


Share/Save/Bookmark
 
Web Stats