Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Travel Beauty

Today's Annoyance: That grungy feeling you get after a long flight
Mantra of the Day: I make 6-hour flights look good!

There was an episode of Footballers' Wives where Tanya Turner has a long flight on which she meets a cute guy...yadda, yadda, yadda. Anyhoo, the cool part was where she goes to "freshen up" just before the plane lands. She "de-planes" wearing a totally new outfit, looking like she's ready for an awards show. Are you kidding me? If only! Wouldn't it be cool to do that? (sigh) Until I have the run of my own private jet, I'll have to settle with my usual travel beauty tips, which I'll share with you here:


1. Drink lots of water (no alcoholic beverages because they simply dehydrate you).

2. Hydrate my skin with a moisturizing skin mask.
3. Wear minimal make-up.
4. Use a medicated lip balm to hydrate my lips.
5. Wear clear nail polish (to avoid chipping) and bring a small bottle of acetone and clear nail polish for a touch up later.
6. Take a small container of lotion to keep my hands soft.
7. I know the Europeans make fun of Americans for this but I'd rather err on the safe side...take a small bottle of hand sanitizer.

I'm sure there are other things that I could be doing but so far, these basic steps have kept me from looking and feeling like a scary creature when I de-plane.

Feel free to share your travel beauty secrets.


Share/Save/Bookmark
 
Web Stats