Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Martha Stewart Wannabe

Today's Annoyance: Feminine role playing
Mantra of the Day: In my next life, I will be a domestic goddess.

Martha Stewart - mogul, icon, domestic goddess. I have so much undying respect for the woman, it is not even funny. As a self-made businesswoman, entrepreneur, or as we say in New York, rich bitch, however you want to say it, she is fierce. I have always hoped that I could turn my business into an empire like she did and become her high finance equivalent. Unfortunately, I don’t think that I will ever have the talents that Martha has when it comes to taking care of a home.


I may have mentioned before that I have two places in my fair city of Manhattan. I have been having a little trouble lately maintaining them both. I have to deal with cleaning them, minor maintenance problems and keep them looking fashionable and fabulous. I was never blessed with Martha’s domestic skills. I imagine that if I were her, all of my household chores would be done in less than an hour and I could take an extra thirty minutes to add some extra special touches by working my magic on an old tissue box or something, turning it into an accessory worthy of Elle Decor. In reality, it takes me all weekend and it still does not look the way I envisioned it. Between this and my last business trip, I think it’s time for me to be jetting off to somewhere new – I’ve had about enough of the mundane for one week. I think that it’s time for a bit of luxury. I guess you will have to wait and see what I come up with. Ta ta for now…. ;o)

[IMAGE: Courtesy of SaveMartha.com]



Share/Save/Bookmark
 
Web Stats