Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Snakes on a plane

Today's Annoyance: Stupid movies imitating life
Mantra of the day
: Reality is stranger than fiction.


I know; it was a dumb movie. At least, I should say it was a dumb concept because I was never intrigued enough to find out what happens when snakes get on a plane. Well, that was until I saw this headline on BBC News last week: "Snakes Escape on Qantas Flight". Apparently, four pythons out of 12 that were being transported in the cargo hold of the plane escaped from their carrying cases. Yeah, it is now my worst nightmare, too.

I think I'll be renting that movie after all to find out what to do in just such an emergency. I want to know that at least one person on my flight understands how to resolve a snake situation on a plane, because once they are loose, it’s more than a little difficult to find them again. The plane had to be grounded for a week and fumigated to ensure that they were no longer on there. I don't know if I will ever be able to sleep on a flight again. (sigh) I'm not sure what to make of this but I am so disturbed by it that I had to share it with you guys.
Sweet dreams! Xoxo


[IMAGE: Courtesy of Entertainment Weekly]


Share/Save/Bookmark
 
Web Stats