Monday, March 30, 2009

Road Rage

Today's Annoyance: Inappropriate multitasking
Mantra of the Day: I knew I was better off on the sidewalk.

I am a city girl. I did not grow up in the city, but over the years, I have spent enough time in them to have forgotten about suburban life and embrace the hustle and bustle of the concrete jungle. That is why driving a car seems so unnatural to me. I just came back from a business trip where I needed to drive three hours to the meeting site to see a client. Granted when we got there, it was so beautiful in the end that it was well worth the trouble, but I think that I discovered road rage in the span of that three hours.

I have talked about sidewalk rage before, and I still have to say that it gives rise to stronger feelings than frustration on the road, but the crazy things that people do while driving blows my mind. We started out during rush hour, where I saw a guy sending out emails on his BlackBerry. Then, there was the woman putting on mascara (which in my mind is not the ultimate offense because I think I could put mascara on while sleeping) and the coup de grĂ¢ce…the guy reading the newspaper while driving. Really? I always thought that you had to worry about things like drunk driving and ice on the road, but I guess that I didn’t have a clue.

What is the craziest thing you have seen someone do while on the road? Let me know, I am dying to hear what you have to say…



Share/Save/Bookmark
 
Web Stats