Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Pub life

Today's Annoyance: That fish and chips aren’t health food
Mantra of the Day:
I love one-stop shopping.

One thing that I discovered during this trip to the UK was pub culture. Why don’t we Americans do this? I love the idea of one-stop shopping where you can meet up with your fr
iends, meet new people, get some food, watch the game and drink until you can’t remember your name, all in a cute and comfy atmosphere. Most people usually save their pub time for after work drinks, but I started out my day there. There was a place around the corner from my hotel called The Pontefract Castle that is over one hundred years old and looks exactly like you would expect an old English pub to look. The staff is friendly and even though they might not know your name, they are eager to learn it.



Anyway, the point being is that I fell in love with the full English breakfast. Then I would finish the day there with dinner and a drink. Apparently eating before drinking is more of an American thing. They wait until they are tired of drinking to go home to their families and have dinner but whatever, why would they be serving food if they didn’t want us to eat it? I guess that’s one of those questions for the ages. Or maybe that explains why we are so fat (not that I am including myself in that statement, just saying… girls, are you with me?) What I am trying to say is, go check this place out if you are in that neck of the woods.

Peace out.

[IMAGE: Courtesy of Global Jet Set Media, Inc.]



Share/Save/Bookmark
 
Web Stats