Thursday, March 12, 2009

Partying with an "it" girl

Today's Annoyance: Drunk girls
Mantra of the Day:
I never was, nor will be, that girl.

Although in some circles I may be dubbed an ‘IT’ girl, I think that my friend Eddy fits the bill way more than I do. As you know, I have been in London (her hometown) for the past week. We were invited to attend an event for Moet. This being her turf, she felt, let's say….comfortable with her crowd. So what is a girl is to do when your friend goes wild at a party? We were invited as celebrated guests so people noticed we were there, even if they did not know us personally. I had the idea that we should be on our best behavior for that very reason. I guess that kind of thing is seen as hip to some people these days, but I hope that I never fall victim to nauseating trends. Really, vomiting in public is not cute.

I never understood how it became fashionable for young women who come from upstanding families of means to behave like drunken idiots. In my book, that look is not becoming on anyone. I think it’s sad to see what the effect of tragic stars who have public meltdowns will have on the Hillary Clintons of tomorrow. I am getting off my soapbox now, but in the end I have to say that I had a great time even if I did have to play babysitter by the end of the night.

Much Love, Ava

[IMAGE: Courtesy of iStockPhoto.com]


Share/Save/Bookmark
 
Web Stats