Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Jet setting tips on a budget

Today's Annoyance: The U.S. stock market trading at 6500 points
Mantra of the Day: I will survive…with a little pampering

The past few days, I have been in London visiting my friend Eddy (Edwina), doing the social circuit with her while trying to see some of the sites. Since I have been over here, I thought that I would pass along some tips on jet setting during a recession. I think that everyone is trying to save a few pennies while not sacrificing any fun.

I found this gorgeous hotel in the West End near Marble Arch called The Cumberland – a Guoman Hotel. It is super sleek and modern spot that has fabulous little bar, lounge, restaurant and night club on the property, so if you are feeling lazy, there is still plenty going on. It is also conveniently located a stone’s through away from the Tube stop, all for around one hundred pounds ($150) a night. And remember, getting around town on the subway is always more exotic when you are in another country (and it is not taking you to work!). Plus, if you haven’t taken the London Tube before, it is super clean and easy to navigate.

By the way, the greenback is killing right now, so those traveling with dollars can get a favorable exchange rate. There are some beautiful clothing shops where you can get some items to keep you fashionable the rest of the year. Check out Whistles and Karen Millen for chic little dresses perfect for any occasion. (I love those places!) Well, I don’t want to talk your ear off because I could go on forever. I’ll just catch up with you tomorrow. Cheers!

The Cumberland Hotel - Lobby

[IMAGE: Courtesy of Global Jet Set Media, Inc.]


Share/Save/Bookmark
 
Web Stats