Thursday, March 26, 2009

Isn't "guilty pleasure" an oxymoron?

Today’s Annoyance: Forced modesty

Mantra of the Day: I wanted it and I paid for it therefore I feel no guilt.


I make no excuses for the things that I enjoy in life. If something makes me feel good and I can afford it, I’m going to enjoy it (unless it’s illegal). Why should I pretend not to enjoy all the abundance that life has offer? Because “misery loves company”? I think not. If anything, my joyful experiences should provide some inspiration for others. Do I sound arrogant? Only as much as it sounds stupid to feel guilty about having or doing something that you enjoy.



If you do something that you’re not supposed to do, that’s not a “guilty pleasure”. That’s just wrong.


[IMAGE: Courtesy of Getty Images]




Share/Save/Bookmark
 
Web Stats