Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Reality TV (Part 1)

Today’s Annoyance: Being sick

Mantra of the Day: If I wasn’t a jet setter, I would be a Housewife of New York


Unfortunately I have been home sick for the past few days, which is never fun because I never have time to be sick. Even though I hate admitting it, it is kind of fun since it forces me to take a much needed break. More importantly, it gives me a chance to catch up on all the TV shows that I am never around to watch. I feel like every time that I turn on the tube, it seems like Bravo’s series The Real Housewives of somewhere is on. I have to admit that I have completely gotten sucked in. The Real House Wives of Orange County just ended and now The Real Housewives of New York is on. I think that I need to track some of these ladies down and get them to sound off on this blog because they know how to turn a normal day into a juicy day. Nothing but drama and they’ve always got something to say.



Now, perhaps you guys can help me out with this, but how are they called "The Real Housewives" when they all seem to have jobs? Some of them aren’t even wives. I really don’t get that part; maybe I just missed the boat on that one. I think that I can relate to the New York women the most - for obvious reasons - because I see that crowd on a fairly regular basis. I don’t know too much about what goes on in their inner circles, but I appreciate the fact that they seem to believe in bringing a little bit of glamour to their daily lives. I once dated a guy who said that he tries to enjoy a moment of luxury every day. I think that’s a great policy but I have to wonder if a straight man says things like that…


[IMAGE: Courtesy of Bravo TV]



Share/Save/Bookmark
 
Web Stats