Friday, March 6, 2009

Ava's Faves: Persistence

Today's Annoyance: Whiners
Mantra of the Day:
Try not. Do. Or do not. - Yoda (Star Wars)

I feel so inspired today! I read a news story about a 68-year old South Korean who has taken her written driver’s license exam a whopping 775 times without passing. Reportedly, she has spent thousands of dollars on the exam fees and she has no intention of stopping until she passes. While some think she’s crazy or feel sorry for her, she is totally upbeat and encourages others to keep trying until they reach their dreams. In my life, I have sometimes had a fear of failure which kept me from pursuing my goals because I was afraid of what people would think. This woman is so strongly focused on her goal to have her driver’s license that nothing seems to faze her, not even international exposure, pity or negative commentary. Bravo to her! She is my new hero.


[IMAGE: DailyContributor.com]



Share/Save/Bookmark
 
Web Stats