Tuesday, March 17, 2009

It's St. Patrick's Day...where's my pot of gold?!

Today's Annoyance: Lack of concentration
Mantra of the Day: I can resist everything except temptation. - Oscar Wilde

I've been so crazy busy that I forgot to wish you all a happy St. Patrick's Day. Hopefully, you were smart enough to wear something green to avoid getting pinched otherwise you've been getting pinched all day and now you're ready for a beer (or a six-pack).

I wonder if half the people celebrating even know what St. Patrick's Day is all about. I mean, a lot of us know about wearing green, eating corned beef and cabbage, heading out to the local bar for drinks and debauchery. Most of us are familiar with leprechauns, bagpipes, kilts and pots of gold but, I would guess that more than a few people have no idea why we celebrate every March 17. If you haven't a clue, History.com has a cool collection of info (that's if you're still sober enough to care).

Cheers!

[IMAGE: Courtesy of Getty Images]



Share/Save/Bookmark
 
Web Stats