Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Worst pickup lines ever

Today’s Annoyance: Overconfidence

Mantra of the Day: Just leave me alone. – Michael Jackson


Rich or poor, educated or uneducated, American or European (or any other nationality, for that matter), guys can come up with some crazy pickup lines. Some guys choose to do something wild to get a woman’s attention. My prince, for example, opted to surprise in the most interesting way, after we met at a party. (I won’t reveal the specifics; you’ll have to wait on the book for that.) Having joined the jet set scene, I’ve noticed the same level of awkwardness at one extreme and arrogance at the other extreme.


Apparently, “Hi, my name is…” is either too easy or too difficult. Admittedly, like many other women, I like for a guy to be creative but some of the things that I’ve heard are way over the top. How about these?:


Your parents must be retarded, because you’re special.

Can I flirt with you?

The last time I saw you, I was dreaming.

You’re so hot, when I look at you I get a tan.


Yeah, they’re pretty bad. Naturally, if the guy’s really hot, you’ll give him some leeway. But, there is still a line. Undoubtedly, some of your experiences may humor me while others might make me want to beat some guys across the head. Do tell.



Share/Save/Bookmark
 
Web Stats