Friday, February 27, 2009

Gold Diggers

Today’s Annoyance: Women who won’t admit they are gold diggers

Mantra of the Day: You know who you are!


Amy Winehouse (my girl) has this song on her first album called “F*ck Me Pumps” that chronicles the trials and tribulations of the classic gold digger in her late twenties who knows she does not have much time left in her career of chasing men to get a promotion, i.e. a blindingly huge ring. I decided a long time ago that I would save myself the trouble of marrying a rich man by channeling my energy into making myself independently wealthy. Don’t get me wrong, I clearly love the finer things in life, I am just not willing to put my fate into someone else’s hands and hope that their generosity never ends. That was a conscious decision on my part, but I have come across enough women who are on the other side of the fence to understand their plight.


That said, it does bother me – no, it pisses me off when I see women falling over themselves at the prospect of interacting with a guy who has a bit of cash in the bank. The thing that gets me is that when you talk to these women, they are constantly complaining about dating and why they can’t manage to land a man. To me, this comes off as belly aching about your job. No job is perfect and has its own occupational hazards. Theirs is that they come across more assholes than there are grains of sand at the beach. They say that they don’t like players but they wouldn’t mind marrying an attractive millionaire. They would never date an athlete, but they want a rich man who is over 6 foot 2. Umm…okay. If they would only admit that they are only interested in spending time with men who have money so that they can get that endless shopping spree to impress all of their friends, they might have better luck catching what they are chasing after.


[IMAGE: Courtesy of Getty Images]




Share/Save/Bookmark
 
Web Stats