Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Bowl

Today’s Annoyance: Having to choose one of a zillion parties to go to

Mantra of the Day: Hooray for the franchise owners!!


Every year at this time I am confronted with the same dilemma: what to do during Super Bowl? In the United States, it might as well be declared a national holiday since everything stops in preparation for the event; then there are the people like me who thought that the Cardinals were a baseball team.

Anyway, point being I feel that I should entertain myself somehow, but really my options are limited. I feel silly going to a traditional Super Bowl party and stuffing myself with chili and pretending to know what I am talking about. Then again, most of my friends are flamboyantly gay men or single women, so that's not really an option either. Usually the queens get together for a glam run, i.e. they run in stiletto heels on a treadmill until the last person calls 'uncle' and of course that is followed by a round of gimlets to dull the pain of sore feet, but I digress. Unfortunately they are all out of town this year so I am at a loss. Any ideas? What did you get up to for the big day?

[IMAGE: Courtesy of SlasherSports.com]



Share/Save/Bookmark
 
Web Stats