Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine's Day

Today's Annoyance: Valentine’s Day in general

Mantra of the Day: Be happy that you have a Valentine


So this is the deal. I’ve got this quasi boyfriend named Lucky. We used to be a hot and heavy item, but now we could be classified in the "undefined" category. It’s a long story and it’s complicated, so just trust me here. Anyway, yesterday I had this box arrive on my doorstep from France. By the way, Lucky is European royalty, a true prince. Really, I’m not making this shit up. Again, it’s complicated. So I open it up and it is a pre-assembled Lego kit/miniature sculpture thingy in the shape of the Taj Mahal. In the card it said, “This is a monument to our love.”

I think most people would expect that if you date a prince you would get gifts like diamonds, cars, trips… just not a Lego set. Point being, I can’t figure out whether I think this is cute and romantic or childish and a bit lame. Should he live up to the stereotype and bling me out, or be a cute and simple guy? What are your thoughts on the matter? And while you are at it, what is the lamest gift you have ever gotten from that someone special? I am dying to hear your take on this. At the very least, I am sure that at least one of you can make me laugh. Either way, the jury is still out on this one kids…


Bizzzzzzzzz,

Ava


[IMAGE: Courtesy of iconocast.com]



Share/Save/Bookmark
 
Web Stats