Wednesday, February 4, 2009

High heels and Crocs: The showdown

Today’s Annoyance: Inexcusably ugly shoes
Mantra of the Day: Just close your eyes and pretend you don’t see them.


We’ve all heard it. “Crocs are so comfortable.” “Your feet don’t sweat in them.” “They’re easy to clean.” OK, fine. Just tell me why do they have to be so damn ugly! Give me a pair of gorgeous, high heeled-shoes any day. Even with my occasional clumsiness and the pain that I might feel after a few hours trying to walk like a runway model, somehow I know that I’d feel a hell of a lot better than I would if I wore Crocs for the slightest moment in the privacy and comfort of my own home. If my shoes are ugly, it not only destroys my outfit, it throws off my chi, upsets my psyche, and of utmost importance, it simply pisses me off. (Call me shallow…don’t care!)

Have you heard that they’ve made Crocs with high heels? Take a moment. Yeah, I agree; bodily harm should be inflicted on whoever came up with that invention.


[IMAGES: Courtesy of shoes.about.com and cloggs.co.uk]


Share/Save/Bookmark
 
Web Stats