Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Travel vs. Routine

Today's Annoyance: People who don’t understand NY coffee speak
Mantra of the Day: I am a fabulous jet-setter

As you know, I have been traveling a lot lately. There is one thing that has its drawbacks to living life as a jet-setter, and that is getting thrown off of your routine. In my day-to-day life, I am a hard worker; I try to take care of myself and I have certain daily activities that brighten up my day. For example, I love to stop by my local coffee shop and say hello to the owners, a good-looking gay couple named Jake and Robert. They always have something funny to say and offer up their insightful opinions on current affairs. I usually like to start my day off with a run and end it with a walk along the Hudson River.

Yes, I feel privileged to have these wonderful experiences and I know that it will make me appreciate home so much more when I get back there, but even these little things throw me off. First I stop working out, then I start eating whatever passes in front of me, then I go out to parties and “overindulge”… You get my point; it’s just a slippery slope.

At the end of the day, my question to you is: Which is better? Staying at home and enjoying the controlled life that you have created for yourself, or leaving your comfort zone to explore new adventures? They both have their pluses and minuses, but I can’t decide which I prefer. Post a comment and let me know what you think.

xox … Ava
Share/Save/Bookmark
 
Web Stats