Thursday, February 12, 2009

Dating on vacation

Today's Annoyance: Keeping up with dating etiquette
Mantra of the Day: I am a woman of the 21st century.

I just got off the phone with my friend Eddy (Edwina) who came back from vacation in Brazil the other day. She was telling me about her trip and how she started dating a guy who she met while she was there. It sounded like they had great fun, with him showing her around Bahia and her having a cute partner in crime to do it with. But this is my question to you, dating while on vacation: a ‘do’ or a ‘don’t’?

I understand that sometimes people like to spice up their trips by having a meaningless fling, but I am talking about dating. Going out, spending time with a guy with the intent of getting to know him. Previously, I wrote an entry about maintaining some semblance of a routine while traveling, but my gut is telling me that this is taking that concept to a new level. On one hand, it must be fun and adventurous to meet a handsome stranger who shows you the true beauty of the place you are visiting, but then again there are a lot of freaks out there. My New Yorker instincts start to kick in, telling me that might not be the smartest idea; you might end up with an unexpected souvenir, if you know what I mean. Am I just being old fashioned? Let me know your thoughts.

Love and Peace,

Ava

Share/Save/Bookmark
 
Web Stats