Sunday, January 18, 2009

A reason to rave: It's my birthday!!


Today’s Annoyance: Birthday haters
Mantra of the Day: Happy birthday to me!!

Did you know that some of the coolest people in history were born in January? Oprah Winfrey, J.R.R. Tolkien, Christy Turlington, Michael Schumacher (Formula 1 rocks!), Kahlil Gibran, Joan of Arc, David Bowie, Elvis Presley, Pat Benatar, Mary J. Blige, Jeff Bezos, Orlando Bloom, Patrick Dempsey, Dr. Martin Luther King, Aristotle Onassis, LL Cool J, Rod Stewart, Michelle Obama, Benjamin Franklin, Muhammad Ali, Kevin Costner, Cary Grant, Federico Fellini, Placido Domingo, Edgar Allen Poe, Sir Francis Bacon, Christiane Amanpour, Mikhail Baryshnikov, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Bill Maher, Justin Timberlake, Steve Wynn and FDR. Wow! I’m in good company, no?

Many of my close friends are also January babies; therefore, we decided to have a month-long celebration that we refer to as “le janvier”. (French for January. It’s one of the few French words that I can remember. We just added the “le” because it makes the event sound chic and important.) “Le janvier” involves lots of shopping, partying, a little wine sampling (!), and in true jet set fashion, as much traveling as I can squeeze into my schedule. As you well know, we brought in the New Year in Miami; other stops this month include Las Vegas, L.A. and London.

Well, no time to chat. We’re off to celebrate! Send me a happy birthday wish!

Ta ta for now!

[IMAGE: Courtesy of Getty Images]
Share/Save/Bookmark
 
Web Stats