Monday, January 12, 2009

Introducing my gorgeous, gay best friends

Today’s Annoyance: Responsibilities

Mantra of the Day: Viva la bella vita! ("Live the good life!")


Sorry, I left you hanging… I didn’t finish telling you about the boys here with me on my Miami trip. To refresh your memory, I came to Miami for New Years Eve with a group of my gay boyfriends, Simon, Sam, Christopher and Stephen.

I love them all equally but I have to say that Simon and I are besties so I might as well start with him. Simon is a celebrity gossip columnist who is also a player on the jet set social scene. Simon has been invited to virtually every international hip or significant social gathering taking place. Sam and I met back in our school days. He was my assistant and confidant when I was running my own hedge fund. He is the one who keeps me sane, focused and grounded. Christopher is a lovely glamour queen with a body so chiseled that he gives David Beckham a run for his money. It goes without saying that, to obtain such a physique without being a professional athlete, he is pretty obsessed with working out. Then, there is the gorgeous Stephen. I wish almost every day that he was playing for our team. He is half Turkish, half Lebanese, with blue eyes like the Mediterranean Sea and a stylish, confident swagger that makes both women and men swoon. Who cares that he is a bit vertically-challenged when he more than makes up for it in so many other ways?

So long story short, we are down here relaxing like it’s what we get paid for.
(Unfortunately, none of us have achieved that level of fame yet. We’re working on it though.) Every day, we get up around 10 a.m. and go to the pool (at the Delano where we are staying) to have breakfast and scope out the eye candy. Not long after that we end up falling asleep again, only to be awakened by the hot midday sun and near sunburn status. Then, we go for a dip in the pool, followed by getting dressed to go out on Lincoln Road for a look at the shops, lunch and more boy scouting. Lunch turns into early dinner/ going back to the beach to watch the sunset then getting ready to go out for a night on the town. So far, Simon has hooked us up with a different event every evening that seems to be better than the one before it. The hardest part about the whole trip is finding my boys at the end of a night of laughing, flirting and dancing to go back to the hotel. They are all charismatic in their own way and attract men like a moth to a flame. Well, I guess it is good to be them so I won’t hate.

Needless to say, I am still enjoying myself down here on my New Year vay-cay.


xox


[IMAGE: Courtesy of BusinessWeek.com]


Share/Save/Bookmark
 
Web Stats