Friday, January 9, 2009

New Year's Eve in Miami

Today’s Annoyance: People who refuse to be happy
Mantra of the Day: Forget the old and celebrate the new.

Happy New Year!!! (Yeah, I know I’m a few days late but I just recovered from my hangover.) I hope that you had the most fabulous NYE; I know that I surely did! So I am in the States right now, Miami to be exact. There is nothing quite like Miami to bring in the New Year. The weather was incredible, in the high seventies to low eighties. Everyday, I have been waking up, rolling down to the pool and falling back to sleep again. I am down here with my gay boyfriends - Stephen, Christopher, Sam and Simon. (Yes, a girl can have more than one.) I will tell you more about them later, but for now I have my own little story to tell you.

So, I went out with the boys in what turned out to be an epic night. We started off the night with a bang at Fontainebleau. The celeb-attended party had amazing house tunes mixed with fun eighties classics like Madonna’s ‘Get into the Groove’ and ‘PYT’ by Michael Jackson. Remember when those guys were dating? Yeah, that must have been a crazy night at dinner. Anyway, the music and the crowd were at a fever pitch and I managed to dance so much and so hard that I got blisters on the bottoms of my feet. I know it’s not cute but thank God for my stilettos because I must say that I was looking fierce. The boys had bought a table and while I was off dancing, they found a few gorgeous men to replace me, so there was nowhere to rest my tired little feet.

Just then, I found a gorgeous man for myself. His name was Mateo. He and his friends had a table for themselves which gave me a place to kick back. It didn’t take long until his posse was ready to split. They were heading off to a party in the design district and I decided to go with them. In hindsight, that might not have been the smartest decision that I have ever made, but by the time that I left, half of my crew was already gone and the other half didn’t even realize that I was nowhere to be found. Plus, Mateo’s friends consisted of a few cool young women so it didn’t seem sketchy.

The next place was more of an underground scene catering to the hipster crowd, but the dance floor was still packed with partygoers. Mateo and I didn’t waste any time joining them. It wasn’t long until me and my new friend were making out to the sound of the music. We took a break to go get drinks at the bar when he handed me a roll of cash, asking me if I minded ordering for him since he didn’t want to risk using his fake ID in this place. Ummm, yeah. Our dear friend Mateo was 19. That was the moment we hit the ‘Game Over’ button on our “relationship”, if I can dare call it that.

Don’t get me wrong; he was hot and it could have always been my dirty little secret, but seeing that I am… well, thirty-something, I started to feel like a cradle robber. What would you guys have done? I’d love to hear your stories and thoughts on the matter.

[IMAGE: Courtesy of Global Jet Set Media, Inc.]



Share/Save/Bookmark
 
Web Stats