Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Dating entanglements

Today’s Annoyance: Playing by the rules
Mantra of the Day: Carpe Diem

Question: When is it okay, or is it okay, to date someone who was previously involved with a friend? For example, if you have a friend who liked a guy and it turned out that the guy liked you instead, is he fair game even though nothing happened between him and the friend but she called him first? Or, what if it is the ex of a friend? How long of a cooling off period do you give before you can get lucky? Or, is he totally off limits for life? Just for the record, I have been on both sides of the coin and know that it is not fun to have something like that happen to you so I always try to be considerate of others. That being said, a girl still has to live her life, right?

So let’s juice things up a bit and let me tell you why I am asking. I mentioned the other day that my friend Eddy is in town visiting for a few days. She has another friend that she knows from college who lives here in the city and is currently hot and heavy with a guy who once had a serious fling with Eddy. The guy and Eddy were clearly never meant to be, but Eddy still feels like her college buddy should have kept her hands off of him since she knew about their storied past before they ever got together. Needless to say, Eddy had no idea that the two were together until she came to NYC. Now Eddy is pissed, seeing red in fact. I think that she is going a bit overboard with this whole thing, but then again, I never knew the proper etiquette in these types of situations to start with.

Either way, I am desperate on this one people, so help me out! Post a comment and let me know what you think.

Peace and love,

Ava


Share/Save/Bookmark
 
Web Stats