Thursday, January 22, 2009

Harem pants are back and I’m not sure how I feel about it

Today’s Annoyance: Bad fashion that keeps coming back

Mantra of the Day: Somebody, please make it stop


It was an awesome event. Sam had invited me to the most amazing fashion show. I borrowed a salmon-colored Herve Leger bandage tank dress from a friend’s closet and I even had one of my guy pal’s who’s an image consultant and makeup artist do my makeup. No, no. Don’t hold your applause. ‘Cause your girl Ava was looking awesome! Anyhoo, we had great seats (as though one could actually have a bad seat at this kind of fashion show). The music was amazing, the vibe was great, everyone was beautiful. (Or was it just the two glasses of wine that I had?)


Lo and behold, what do I spy coming down the catwalk?! No…yes, my eyesight is perfect (well, at least it was until I saw this)…no, it can’t be! Ladies and gentleman, harem pants are back. (sigh) I don’t know whether to be sad or mad. Sam noticed my distress and fanned me. “I know, sweetie,” he said. Let’s just hope this fad doesn’t hold on as long as hip hugger jeans have.”



Admittedly, I did see a pair of Tory Burch harem pants that weren’t so bad. It’s just that I had truly hoped that MC Hammer had destroyed any variation of this fad for all eternity. I guess this confirms the saying that there is truly nothing new in this world. Could it be that innovation is merely a figment of our imagination? Sound off and let me know if you’re digging this revival or not.


Laters.


[IMAGE: Courtesy of UK Fashion PopSugar]



Share/Save/Bookmark
 
Web Stats