Friday, January 23, 2009

"Bitch" isn't a four-letter word

Today’s Annoyance: Haters

Mantra of the Day: Today is going to be epic!


Big up to my bitches. Yeah, I said it – I love my bitches. I know that they/we can be a bit catty sometimes, but at the end of the day there is nothing like hanging with your girls. I am back in NYC and my friend Eddy is in town visiting me from London. She is about as urbanized and British as they come, so being in the Big Apple for her is like a fish swimming in water. The past couple of days we have been hanging out at different spots around the city like Fig and Olive in the Meat Packing District and the Soy Luck Club in The Village. Mainly we talk about life, what we are doing and where we are going; nothing too monumental, but at the same time it feels like we are solving all of the world’s problems over tea. Point being, it is so nice to be able to take time to put life into prospective. So often I get caught up in my career, relationships with men, money (and the pursuit of it) that I forget the importance of the people around me. They are my true treasures.


What makes things even better is when you are surrounded by women with strong, powerful spirits. Women that you can’t help but look up to; take Eddy, for example. Not that she has everything in her life figured out yet, but she is so vivacious and bold. She is never afraid to be herself in any situation. On top of that, she is smart, funny and knows how to have a good time. There is nothing quite like being around a person who drives your spirit and challenges you to tackle life head on.


Well, enough of my ramblings for today.


xox



Share/Save/Bookmark
 
Web Stats