Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Inauguration

Today's Annoyance: Pessimists
Mantra of the Day
: Get with the program!

I am proud once again to say that I am an American. I, like millions of other people, went to Washington D.C. to witness the swearing in of the 44th president of the United States of America, Barack Obama. That was such a special, magical day, the likes of which I don’t think that I will ever experience again. To be at the center of a global celebration where there is no separation between you, me or the world has never happened before, as far as I know. For the many people present at the event, there was not a single protestor or feeling of angst that another candidate should have won. Everyone was united in their happiness to leave the past behind them and collectively have a fresh start – a start to make things better.



We are so proud as a nation and proud as a people for what we can do and the conduits of positive change that can affect the world around us. Watching President Obama and his beautiful family reminded me of all the possibilities that are out there for everyone if we only focus our energy on the opportunities that lay before us.Just a few thoughts for day…


Peace and love,


Ava


[IMAGE: Courtesy of Global Jet Set Media, Inc.]



Share/Save/Bookmark
 
Web Stats