Friday, January 16, 2009

The four seasons are overrated!

Today’s Annoyance: Non-white snow

Mantra of the Day: I am solar-powered.


Weather… It’s a bitch. Yes, I know that we Americans love few things more in life than to discuss ever-changing weather patterns, but really, it can be about so much more. It’s about life. I just find it interesting after my trip to Miami and after living in the south of France, both places where the weather is typically gorgeous and the people are laid back; life is just very different from say, where I am from, New York. Not that NY has harsh weather by any stretch of the imagination, but it does get cold there and most urbanites spend a lot of time outdoors walking from place to place (home, subway, work, grocery store, etc.). I just can’t help but wonder about its affects on people’s overall attitudes and thoughts on life.


New Yorkers are very concerned about getting somewhere and are usually in a hurry to do so. Whether they’re headed for work, to have fun, or to get ahead in life, they are always in some mode of transit. Those in warmer climates just are. They are where they are; it does not seem to matter if that is where they want to be or not but they have resigned themselves to enjoy or tolerate it either way. There is never this rush that you encounter in other places. I don’t know, just a guess. Let me know if you have any thoughts on it, too.


xox


Share/Save/Bookmark
 
Web Stats