Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Time to learn some new moves

Today's Annoyance: Wallflowers
Mantra of the Day: To dance is to be out of yourself. Larger, more beautiful, more powerful. - Agnes De Mille

One of the coolest things to learn from any new culture is some new dance moves. I love to dance, and the idea of learning some new moves in some faraway place is just too good to pass up.

Dancing is fun, it's a workout and it's ultra-sexy, so your S.O. benefits, too! Not to mention that it's a great excuse to buy a new dance outfit. Have you seen the amazing bellydancing costumes?

Sign up for a hula lesson on your next trip to Hawaii. Or, take a flamenco lesson in Spain, or learn to bellydance in Turkey. You get my drift. Even if it's just one lesson, you'll meet some new people. If the dance really tickles your fancy, you can sign up for more when you get back home. So far, I've taken hula, salsa and bellydancing lessons. On my list are flamenco, tango, ballroom and Indian dance lessons. I'm leaning heavily toward Indian dance, especially since I have some awesome saris that I really want to show off.

Have you learned any new moves during your travels? Do share.



[IMAGE: Courtesy of Maximum Ink]

Share/Save/Bookmark
 
Web Stats