Thursday, September 24, 2009

More shopping in Singapore

Today's Annoyance: Still not having a G5
Mantra of the Day: I am the fiercest of them all!

One of my favorite designers just gave me another reason to get my cute little booty down to Singapore. Diane von Furstenberg just opened a new shop at the Ion Orchard - #01-08A 2 Orchard Turn, 65 6509 9062, for those of you already in the area.


The classic wrap dress is made of silk blend jersey, so not only does it feel great against your skin and move with your body, it tends not to wrinkle. (I previously wrote a tip about jersey dresses and how great they are for traveling; given the occasion, I think it's worth repeating.) Needless to say, wrap dresses are easy to pack since they roll up nicely. On top of being comfy, they always leave you looking effortlessly stylish and are perfect for dressing up or down. It almost goes without saying that DVF not only invented the wrap dress that we know today, but also still makes the best ones on the market. If you want to go off the beaten path a bit, Issa London makes great wrap dresses that are a little more luxurious and thus expensive, but look fabulous.

I can't forget that Ms. von Furstenberg creates unbelievable gowns and other types of dresses, one of which I recently wore to a ball in Monte Carlo. Now, I am trying to decide if I should wear a DVF dress on the flight to the new DVF store in Singapore. Hmmm...




[IMAGE: Courtesy of brightstarlights]

Share/Save/Bookmark
 
Web Stats