Thursday, June 25, 2009

What's your jet set rank?

Today's Annoyance: Life without aspiration
Mantra of the Day: I always find a way to reach my goals.

I'm all about goal-setting. I like to declare a very specific goal with a deadline and if you haven't figured it out, I'm very competitive (with myself, mostly) and I tend to reach my goals. So, let's set a goal together.

Here are my newly-established levels of Jet Set Achievement:

(a) Silver Wings (Newbie) - You've been thinking about traveling for years but you haven't taken the plunge. Or, you rarely travel and when you do, it's usually a day trip in the car or a relatively short domestic trip by plane.

(b) Bronze Wings (Casual Traveler) - You travel a couple of times each year, usually for business, family events, to visit friends, or an annual week-long vacation.

(c) Gold Wings (Expert) - You take at least one month-long vacation abroad each year as well as several business and personal jaunts (sometimes just to go shopping!).

(d) Platinum Wings (Global Jet Setting Fanatic) - Have passport and credit card at the ready; will travel anywhere, any time!! You travel for months on end and have had to replace your passport because you ran out of pages to stamp.

(e) Consummate Jet Setter - You either have shared or full ownership of a private plane and you're usually en route to one of your fabulous homes or some swanky jet set destination when your friends try to reach you. You have arrived.

So, here's the challenge. Find out where you are and where you want to go, literally and figuratively. Maybe your goal includes seeing all seven continents. Or, maybe you plan to see the Seven Wonders of the World. Whatever your goal is, there's no time like the present to get started! I'd say that I currently rank at the Gold level and I'm feverishly working to reach Platinum level by next year.

What's your jet set rank and where are you headed to next?



[IMAGE: Courtesy of Getty Images]

Share/Save/Bookmark
 
Web Stats