Thursday, June 4, 2009

Art Basel

Today's Annoyance: Work, once again
Mantra of the Day: Art is the spice of life.

This is it, kids! This is the big jet set event of the year...or, at least, the closest one that I have found so far: Art Basel. One of my mini goals of 2009 is to make it to Art Basel and Art Basel Miami. For those of you who are new to the jet set scene (such as myself), this is the biggest art fair not only of the year, but also the biggest art event that takes place in the world. And, it's the 40-year anniversary! It looks like Basel, Switzerland is the next travel stop on the Ava Pierce World Tour!!


I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will be able to spend a nice chunk of time in Europe this summer, but that of course depends on how things work out at the office. Hopefully, I can either get away for a few stretches or work in a remote office or better yet, work from my laptop by the side of the pool with some beautiful scenery. But I digress...

Since Art Basel is such a huge international art event, it tends to attract a lot of movers and shakers who collect art, love art and want to be surrounded by beautiful things. I fall into the latter two categories. There is nothing quite like a pretty picture that makes you think and inspires you to challenge the limits of your everyday life. Just another idea for you jet setters in training!

[IMAGE: Courtesy of artbasel.com]
Share/Save/Bookmark
 
Web Stats