Monday, June 15, 2009

Find your great cause

Today's Annoyance: Sanctimonious people
Mantra of the Day: I have much to offer the world.

What's your great cause? Is it education, the arts, women's rights, humanitarian relief, the environment or animal rights? I have several causes and charities to which I contribute my time and money. On this issue, I won't necessarily stand on my soapbox since sanctimonious people tend to frost my cookies (see Today's Annoyance). All I'm saying is that YOU ROCK and you have a lot to offer the world.

So, what're you doing? (Seriously, tell me. I'm curious and need a little bit of inspiration today.)

For those of you who are looking for a cause, check out Charity Navigator for a huge list of categorized organizations. Plus, they evaluate the charities based on financial health and efficiency.

And if the wonderful benefits from giving aren't good enough to encourage you - tax benefits from monetary donations; smiles from those you help; that warm, fuzzy feeling you get, etc. - charities are cool places to meet like-minded people who often like to travel and give cool fundraising parties. See? Karma at work. Give some, get some.


Share/Save/Bookmark
 
Web Stats