Tuesday, June 30, 2009

All dressed up and...where should I go?

Today's Annoyance: Too many breaks in my calendar
Mantra of the Day: Watch out world; I'm back on the grid!

Some people always seem to have full social calendars, whether they're in a relationship, have kids, work full-time, overtime, travel regularly for work, or whatever life throws at them. I do a fairly decent job of spending quality time with my friends but still...sometimes, I go through cycles where I'm working almost all of the time. And once I fall off the grid like that, it takes a bit of work to get back into the swing of things.

So, it's time to expand my international social calendar. Aside from the usual lunches and dinners to catch up with friends, time with that special guy in my life, and a few hours of volunteering with a couple of local charities, I'm gearing up for a bit of globe-trotting. If you're looking to do the same, here are a few resources:

Please note that some of the events listed on these sites are by invitation only and some require a costly admission fee. If you're not ready to hit the international scene quite yet, you can check out Meetup to find a group of like-minded individuals in your area.

Regarding the more exclusive (read: invitation only) events; not to worry, where there's a will...well, you know how it goes. We're too fabulous not to be included!


[IMAGE: Courtesy of Getty Images]

Share/Save/Bookmark
 
Web Stats