Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The French Riviera in Spring

Today's Annoyance: Why don't I live in the French Riviera year-round?
Mantra of the Day: Summer is here and I am ready to see the world!

Spring is in full swing! There are many places in the world where one can enjoy the virtues of spring, but in my opinion, the best place to do that is in the French Riviera. This time of year, there is so much going on that just about anyone can fill up their social calendar without even trying.

A couple of weeks ago, there was the Cannes Film Festival. Even if you are not into the cinema, the Festival is worth the trip for some quality people-watching. The buzz of the city of Cannes during this time is incredible and like nothing that I have ever experienced before.

As you can imagine, I usually go to the Tribeca Film Festival every year. Although it is a wonderful event, it still cannot compare to the sheer glamour of Cannes.


Then, there is the Monaco Grand Prix and the Monte Carlo Tennis Masters Series. I am a girlie girl who is not super into sports, but these are sporting events that any girl or jet setter, for that matter, can get excited by. Lots of gorgeous, interesting people and the energy is incredible. Both the track and the tennis courts are arguably some of the most beautiful sporting arenas that you will ever see. I think that I will make it out there for at least part of the festivities this year, and I hope to see you there, too.

[IMAGE: Courtesy of skyscrapercity.com]
Share/Save/Bookmark
 
Web Stats