Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Far Out in Lago di Como

Today's Annoyance: One day having to leave this beautiful place
Mantra of the Day: This is the place where the world officially checks its drama at the door.

Guess what, lovelies? Your darling Ava is in Italy! That's right. I was long overdue for a trip and Italy never fails me. I am reporting to you from the fabulous corner of the world known as Lago di Como (or Lake Como, whichever tickles your fancy).

Although I've been here a few times before, I always seem to find cool new places to stay and eat. This time around, I've found a cute little restaurant called Far Out that is located in Bellagio, on the steps leading up the hills of this magical city.

This is a trendy little spot that offers exceptional food at a good price. It has a casual atmosphere, but remember, this is Italy. In other words, casual doesn't mean showing up in a t-shirt, jeans and sneakers. You jet-setters-in-training know what I mean; we have to kick the style up a notch.

The staff is incredibly friendly and it's a great resource for getting to know the lay of the land. In short, you will not leave without new friends.

I love everything about Lake Como, including the fact that George Clooney has a home here!



[IMAGE: Courtesy of Global Jet Set Media, Inc.]


Share/Save/Bookmark
 
Web Stats