Friday, July 17, 2009

Saving the world, luxe style

Today's Annoyance: People who don't give back
Mantra of the Day: I take every opportunity to share my gifts with the world.


OK, so we've already figured out a way to glam up camping. You may have also wondered if there are ways to do more than write a check to your favorite charity that don't involve living out of a knapsack for six months and fighting off man-sized bugs.

With all due respect to the Peace Corps and other such amazing organizations, I probably wouldn't last a week. On that note, my sights are set firmly on voluntourism. Yes, that's right, my jet-setters-in-training! You can get your volunteer on and still make time for some luxury sightseeing.


A couple of resources to help you help others while you jet set: Hands Up Holidays and BootsnAll.


[IMAGE: Courtesy of Los Ninos, Inc.]

Share/Save/Bookmark
 
Web Stats