Thursday, July 30, 2009

"Let's take a break"

Today's Annoyance: Crappy breakup excuses
Mantra of the Day: Go away. I don't like you anymore.

Have you ever had someone break up with you by suggesting that you "take a break"? I mean, what's the point? There must be a reason for the breakup but is "taking a break" really going to solve the problem?

Earlier this year, Sweden's Prince Carl Philip and his girlfriend of ten years, Emma Pernald, mutually decided to take a break. Reportedly, they did so based on surmounting pressure following his sister's engagement announcement. On hearing this, my first thought was: "So, they'll wait until the pressure's off, then get back together?" Interesting strategy.

I have to wonder how many people actually get back together after taking a break. I'm not sure how trustful I would be after such a passive-aggressive excuse. Plus, it seems like the same problems will be waiting for both of you if and when you actually get back together. Just a thought.



[IMAGE: Courtesy of Getty Images]
Share/Save/Bookmark
 
Web Stats