Thursday, July 2, 2009

Learn from the wealthy

Today's Annoyance: That the grass always seems greener on the other side
Mantra of the Day: Travel isn't a luxury; it's a necessity.

No one needs me to point out that the recession sucks. Unfortunately, a lot of people are still losing their homes, companies are still going out of business, and governments are scrambling to turn things around. All the talk of doom and gloom has had me wondering if the bona fide jet set is freaking out as much as everyone else. I mean, are socialites now shopping sample sales and cutting coupons? Are Wall Street wives learning to survive on - gasp, dare I say it - budgets?

I'm guessing that, despite their stock and real estate valuations sinking down the toilet, their lives are still rolling along. Not that I needed any confirmation but, a recent report from American Express Publishing and Harrison Group reveals that the travel plans of the wealthy are hardly changing.

Don't get me wrong. This is definitely not a rich-bashing rant. Despite corporate greed and the current economic state of affairs, most of us would gleefully admit that we aspire to be financially comfortable enough to fulfill our dreams. Besides, I think we can all learn a lot from each other. The most important thing that we can learn from the bona fide jet set is that we should never stop traveling - no matter what - because it makes our lives richer in so many ways.

Au revoir pour aujourd'hui, mes amis. (For you non-French speakers, that's "good-bye for today, my friends".)


[IMAGE: Courtesy of Getty Images]

Share/Save/Bookmark
 
Web Stats