Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Rio, Summer 2016 - CHECK!

Today's Annoyance: People who focus on the empty half of the glass
Mantra of the Day: Adversity causes some men to break; others to break records. - William A. Ward

Don't be too bummed out that Chicago didn't win the bid to host the 2016 Summer Olympics. Look at it as an opportunity to travel to a cool, new place. A city that's famous for Carnival, the samba, rain forests, and white, sandy beaches like Copacabana and Ipanema has my name written all over it. I've had Brazil on my travel schedule for a while now but haven't taken the opportunity to check it out. A dear friend traveled there with her sister a few years ago and fell so madly in love with the country that they were in tears on their return flight. That's quite the testimonial!

Although I'm not a very athletic kind of girl, I absolutely love watching the Olympics. It's always so cool to cheer on the Americans in the various sports. Since London is one of my regular stomping grounds, I'm not sure that I'll go there for the 2012 festivities but, it's early. One never knows what may happen...

Mark your calendar for August 5 - 21, 2016! For more info on the big event, go to the official website.



[IMAGE: Courtesy of rio2016.org.br]
Share/Save/Bookmark
 
Web Stats