Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Fun at the airport

Today's Annoyance: Short stopovers at fabulous airports with kick-ass amenities
Mantra of the Day: A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving. Lao Tzu

Being stuck at the airport is becoming increasingly less of a pain. Based on most of the previously available airport entertainment options (or lack thereof), I always come prepared with a book, a magazine, and my laptop. Other than that, I shop at the Duty Free, people-watch and/or eat at one of the many restaurants.

Ah, but airport entertainment is changing quickly. Some airports have upgraded to offer reclining lounge chairs, napping facilities where you can shower and sleep for a few hours, fitness centers and nature walks. Now, while I'm waiting for my next flight, I can go for a swim in Singapore, get a massage in Tokyo, see fabulous sculptures, paintings and photographs in San Francisco, or gamble in Amsterdam.
Singapore Changi Airport

I'll bet someone has already planned to build airport condos.

Ciao for now,


[IMAGE: Courtesy of BusinessWeek]
Share/Save/Bookmark
 
Web Stats