Thursday, October 22, 2009

Eating should not be a sport

Today's Annoyance: Isn't it obvious?
Mantra of the Day: The more you eat, the less flavor; the less you eat, the more flavor. - Chinese proverb

Am I the only one who wants to puke at the idea of eating contests? Or, even worse, restaurants that offer mammoth-sized portions of food. Yes, yes, I know. I don't have to watch the contests or order these mega-sized dishes. However, when our world leaders still can't seem to figure out how to feed every one on the planet, we're in a serious global recession, and obesity is rampant, isn't it just plain disgusting that gorging oneself has become sport?

I'm a foodie so I totally enjoy a great meal but why exactly would someone willingly ingest a portion of food that weighs more than most newborn babies? And why are young children suffering from things like heart disease, diabetes and other ailments that tend to affect people much older? For that matter, why do most 5th graders outweigh me and I'm a few decades older?

"El Nino" taco (featured on the blog "This is why you're fat")

I'm too annoyed to eat.

Share/Save/Bookmark
 
Web Stats